- 1 Packet Suji/sooji (500g)
- oil 2 tbsp
- 1 medium sized Onion finely cubed
- Yoghurt 1 litre
- Curry leaves 5-8 pcs
- Sarso 8-10 pcs
- Baking powder 3tbsp
- Heat frypan and add suji. Roast this till lightly brown.
- Cool the roasted suji and add yoghurt, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in frypan add finely cubed onion, curry leaves and sarso. Stirr for few seconds.
- Cool the fried ingredients and add to the mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Half fill idli cups and steam it
If you dont have idli maker (idli cups) than you can pour the mixture in a baking tray and steam it.
This Recipe was supplied to me by my cousin sister Mrs Lata from Kulukulu Sigatoka