Biriyani for 8 people.
- Basmati Rice (Biriyani Rice) 4 cup
- ChickenĀ 1.5 kg
- Cinnamon (Karuva patta 5 grams)
- Cloves (Grampu – 20)
- Cardamom (Elaichi – 15)
- Pudina leaves ( 5 cloves)
- Dhanya leaves
- Dhanya powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Mircha powder (1 teaspon)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- salt (to taste)
- Onions 4
- Cashew Nut
- Onion 2
- Oil (2 tablespoon)
- Soak the rice in water for 1 hour.
- Slice the Onion and tomato and keep separately.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cinnamon, cloves & cardamom and stir.
- Add sliced onions (4) & fry till slight brown.
- Add dhanya powder, mircha powder & turmeric powder and stir.
- Add sliced tomatoes and keep stirring till tomatoes turn somewhat dry.
- Add pudina leaves and stir.
- Add a cup of water to the mixture and stir.
- Put the chicken in a pressure cooker or a thick bottom vessel and add the above mixture.
- Cook till the chicken is well cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked add rice and water.
- Cook till the rice is tender.
- Transfer the dish into a serving bowl, garnish it and serve with salad.
- Slice 2 onion as thin as possible and deep fry till golden brown. Take the fried onion and keep separate.
- Fry the Kismish & cashew nut in the same oil.
- Serve with salad.
This recipe was been supplied to me by my kunjechi, Susan.