Pumpkin seeds are roasted in the following step by step manner:
1. Cut open the pumpkin.
2. Collect the seeds from inside.
3. Separate hairy pulp from the seeds if there is still any.
4. Rinse the seeds and dry it on a paper towel for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Spread the baking tray with a baking sheet.
7. Lightly coat the pumpkin seeds with ghee or oil or butter.
8. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with salt (this is for flavor and can be optional)
9. Spread a layer of seeds on the paper and bake it for 45 minutes at 250 degrees f or 15 minutes at 350 degrees f.
10. Preserve this in an airtight container.
11. Can be served with any soft drinks or tea/coffee.
Please note that you can also make it in different flavors as follows:
– Spiced with chilly powder or garlic powder or onion powder or black pepper.
– Made sweet with sugar or jaggery