- 1 cup Vermicelli/ Sevai/ Semia
- 4 cups milk
- Ghee 2-3 tablespoons
- Sugar or Jaggery (to taste)
- Dry fruits 1/2 cup approx (optional)
- Dry Nuts 1/2 cupapprox
- Cardamon seeds (Elachi) (approximately 5 pieces)
- Ground the elachi seeds
- Cut the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a frypan or a pot.
- Pour Semia in the hot ghee and fry it till brown.
- Add liquid milk , dried fruits and nuts and boil.
- Add sugar or jaggery and stirr.
- Serve hot.
- For dried fruits you can use: raisins, dates etc.
- For dried nuts you can use almonds (badam), cashew nuts, even coconuts etc.
- You need to cut these fruits and nuts into small pieces before adding.
- Jaggery is sugar candy also spelt as jaggeree and sometimes called gur.
- Vermicelli is also called Siwain, Semiya, Semai.