- 1/2 kg fish
- 1 big onion or a few small onions
- 1 green mango
- Salt to taste
- Few Green chillies to taste
- 1 Grated coconut
- Pinch of Pepper
- Few pieces of Curry Leaves
- Cumin Seeds
- Coriander Powder
- Tumeric Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste
- Tamrind 1 cm cubed
- Clean the fish, wash it and cut it into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the onion in thin pieces
- Peel the mango and cut it into 1/2 cm cubes
- Pour the grated coconut, green chillies, pepper, curry leaves and cumin seeds in a mixer and blend it smooth. Keep it aside.
- Soak the tamrind in 1/2 cup water for 5 to 10 minutes and squeeze out the juice from it. Strain and keep the liquid aside.
- Add Salt, tumeric powder and tamrind juice to the fish and soak it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frypan and splatter in onion pieces, garlic paste and ginger paste fry this till brownish.
- Add the mango pieces, marinated fish, salt, coriander powder and 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Boil this till mangoes are tender.
- Add the blended items which we kept aside and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take it off the flame and serve with idli/ dosa/ roti or rice.
You can also add some chilli Powder for taste and color.