Lakdi mithai, Lakadi mithai
- 2 cups Flour (All Purpose or maida) 400 grams
- Elachi/ Cardamon 10 pods pounded
- White Sesame Seeds 1 tablespoon
- 2 to 3 tbsp Ghee
- Pinch of salt
- Cool Water
- 1 litre Oil for frying
- 500 grams sugar
- 250 millilitres of water
- Shift the flour well.
- Add Cardamon , salt and Ghee to the Flour.
- Mix the flour well and rub the flour with the palm of your hand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the Sesame seeds and mix well.
- Pour water and make a stiff dough.
- Break the large dough into smaller egg size dough.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut it into lakri methai shape.
- Heat oil and fry the lakri methai.
- When all the lakri methai is fried, make syrup by adding the water and sugar together and boiling. Note that we need to keep stirring while making the syrup. It should be thick 3 stringed syrup.
- Pour the hot syrup over the fried lakri methai and mix well.
- Let it cool and store it in an airtight container.