This recipe of fried rice below is different from the Chinese Fried Rice. This fried rice is usually made with the leftover rice to make the meal interesting. Its adding some flavor to the leftover boring rice, to make food more tastier.
Ingredients for making Fiji Indian Style Fried Rice:
- Leftover cooked rice (enough to serve approximately 2 people)
- Garlic and Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Ghee or Butter 2 tbsp
- 1 Onion
Method for making Fiji Indian Style Fried Rice:
- Separate the grains of rice (it should not be sticking to each other).
- Cut the onion into long thin slices.
- Heat the Oil.
- Add Onion and Garlic in hot oil and stir.
- When Onion starts to get light brown, add the Rice.
- Sprinkle Salt and stir.
- Cook this for about 3 to 5 minutes and serve with Curry.
I like this rice with dhal, chutney and some side dishes. I have seen some people adding few seeds of Sarso and Jeera in step 4.