- 1 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Potato
- Garlic Paste 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Paste 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- Tumeric 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sarso 1/4 tsp
- Jeera 1/4 tsp
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves (few pieces) (aka tespata)
- Soak Moong dal and Toor dal in hot water for about 10 minutes or till you prepare other items.
- Use a vegetable peeler to take off the skin from carrot and potato, Rinse it and cut it into small pieces.
- Rinse the Tomatoes and Cut it into pieces.
- Rinse the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add Sarso and a few pieces of onion, when sarso starts to pop, add Jeera, curry leaves, garlic paste and ginger paste.
- When onion starts to get brown, add all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Close the lid and let it cook.
- I use Hawkins Futura pressure cooker, I stitch it off when the whistle starts to blow at a consistent pace. And the food inside cooks while the pressure escapes from inside.