- 1 Grated Coconut
- 5 pieces of garlic with skin taken off
- 1 tbsp Jeera
- 5 Green Chillies
- Tumeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- 2 stalks of curry leaves
- 1 kg Jackfruit
- Water 2 cups
- Coconut Oil 2tbsp
- Take out the Jackfruit flesh only and cut it into small pieces.
- In a pot, pour the water, jackfruit and salt and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes till lumpy.
- Pour the grated coconut, garlic, jeera, chillies, tumeric and curry leaves and blend it. Add some water if needed.
- Add the coconut paste to the boiled jackfruit and mix well.
- Pour oil over the cooking jackfruit.
- Serve with soupy meat curry.
- Jackfruit should not be ripe, it should be unripe to cook this dish.
- Jackfruit is also called kathar/kathal/katahar, Langka, chakka, Idichakka, Palapinju, Anachar