One of my favorite appetizers is Chicken cutlets. This is made with minced chicken, boiled and meshed potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, cilantro/coriander leaves, chicken masala, pepper and salt to taste. The cutlet pieces is dipped in egg and dunked in breadcrumbs and fried in oil.
Ingredients for cooking Chicken cutlets:
- ¬†Boneless chicken 1 cup
- Boiled and Meshed potatoes 1 cup
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 1 Stalk of Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Chicken Masala
- 2 large chillies
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 eggs
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil to fry
Method for cooking Chicken Cutlets:
- Rinse the chicken and cut it into pieces.
- Boil the chicken in 1/2 up of water. Add salt while boiling and boil till all water is evaporated.
- Let the boiled chicken get cool while you prepare other things.
- Take off the onion skin and cut it into pieces.
- Rinse the coriander leaves and cut it into chunks.
- Put the boiled chicken in a blender, add the onions, coriander leaves, masala, chillies and pepper. Blend all these ingredients till the meat is minced.
- Take out the minced chicken from the blender and mix the meshed potatoes and more salt if salt is needed.
- Break off little chunks off the chicken and potato mix and make round pieces, fatten it. Make many such round and flat pieces.
- Break 1 egg, beat it in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a dish and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Dunk these pieces of cutlets into the beaten egg, and transfer it to the bread breadcrumbs. Pat both the sides of chicken cutlets with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the Chicken cutlets in oil.
- Serve the Chicken cutlets with a dip and a cup of drink.
Chicken cutlets are also known as:
C√ītelette¬†in French, Kotleta in Russian language and cotoletta orKotelett ¬†in various languages