- Maida Flour/ All-Purpose Flour (500 g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup plain Yoghurt
- 1 drop Vanilla essence
- 2 drops of food colouring
- 2 cups ghee for frying (can also use cooking oil)
- 4 cardamon pods
Ingredients for Syrup:
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- Sieve the flour and mix the baking powder.
- Add yoghurt and cardamon to the flour.
- Make a batter by adding water.
- Cover the batter and set aside for fermenting for a few hours.
- Add Vanilla and food colouring to the batter.
- Mix the batter well.
- Add Sugar and Water in a pot and boil it to make syrup.
- Heat oil or ghee in a frypan.
- Fill the batter in a kitchen funnel or piping bag and pour it in hot ghee.
- Fry both sides of Jalebi on medium heat till crisp.
- Pour the hot fried jalebies in syrup to make it sweet. Let it soak the syrup for few minutes.
- Remove from syrup and serve. Fresh Jalebies will be nice and crisp.
- If you do not have a kitchen funnel or piping bag than you can use a plastic bag. Make a small hole in a plastic bag, pour the batter in that bag and squeeze it out.
- Keep your hand or finger on the exit hole of the bag to prevent it dropping all over the cooking surface.
- Pour the batter through the bag hole in circular motion, starting from a smaller circle and going to larger.
- Colour is optional.