- 1 Tin Fish
- Salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1/4 tsp
- Methi 5 to 6 pcs
- Jeera 1/4 tsp
- Sarso 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 5 to 6 pieces
- Masala 1 tbsp
- Tumeric 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 onion
- Fresh Chillies chopped in pieces
- Take off the onion skin and cut it lenghtwise in thin long pieces.
- Cut the Tin and pour the fish in a plate, drain out the liquid. Take out the thin layer on top of the fish and take out the bone from the middle of the fish.
- Heat oil and pour in methi, after a few seconds add a few pieces of onion, ginger, jeera, sarso, and stirr.
- After a few seconds add garlic and curry leaves. Fry this till garlic is light brown.
- Add masala, tumeric, the fish and salt and mix well. If it is too dry than add 1/4 cup of drinking water to help it cook well.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes and serve with roti and chutney.
I have used the brunswick brand of tinned fish.