- 1/2 kg fresh green Ridge Guard
- Garlic Paste 1tbsp
- Curry leaves
- 1/4 Onion sliced lengthwise
- Chillies (Optional)
- Use a food peeler to take off the green layer of skin.
- Cut the white flesh into small cubes.
- Heat oil and splatter in jeera, methi and sarso.
- When it starts to get slightly brown, add garlic and onion. Fry this till garlic turns slightly brown.
- Add masala and tumeric. Stirr and add Ridge Guard.
- Add salt and cook till Ridge Guard is tender.
- Serve with rice or roti and chutney or with other food.
Ridge Guard is called Toroi in Hindi.