Ghee is clarified butter and is used in countless Indian dishes especially Indian Sweet. It is in fact, a great alternative to cooking oil. Homemade ghee is fragrant and adds an incomparable richness to any dish.
Steps to the Modern Method of making Ghee from Butter.
- Pour the butter in a pot and let it melt.
- Boil this on low flame, white particles will appear on top and at the bottom, simmer it till these white parts turn light brown and a sweet aroma comes out.
- Take this off the heat and let it cool.
- Use a clean and dry strainer to strain the ghee in a clean and dry airtight bottle or container.
- This ghee can be used for frying and cooking. It tastes much better than other oils and is much healthier.
Keep stirring while cooking.