Different Countries in the world mix different ingredients to make Curry powder. Some people prefer to make curry powder at home and some people prefer to buy it. Curry Powder is also known as masala.
The Curry powder used by most of the Indians in Fiji to make their everyday curry. It is quit simple and is made in the following manner:
- Coriander seeds 500 grams
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera 100 grams
- Spread the Jeera on a tray and sun dry it for approximately 8 hours.
- Spread the Coriander seeds on a separate tray and sun dry it.
- Pour the Coriander seeds in a fry pan and roast in in medium to low heat till crispy (do not let is get burnt)
- Pour the Cummin seeds in a fry pan and roast it in medium to low heat till crispy (do not let is get burnt)
- Blend it together till it is finely powdered and mixed well.
- Preserve this in an airtight container.
- Use this when making Fiji Indian Curries.