In order to make pineapple pies, we first need to bake the crust and than cook the pineapple and custard together and pour it over the crust. Let this cool, slice it into pieces and serve it in a small saucer/dish with a spoon.
Ingredients for Baking Pineapple Pie:
- Self-raising flour 2 cups
- Sugar 1/1/2 cup
- 1/4 pound butter (125 grams)
- 1/4 cup warm milk (liquid)
- Crushed pineapple 1 tin (275 g to 400 g)
- 2 tbsp heaped Custard powder
Method for Baking Pineapple Pie:
- Mix self raising flour and butter together.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour milk and make dough and knead the dough.
- Flatten this in a frypan and cook the Pastry dough on number 7 for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the pineapple tin and pour it in a pot and add that same amount of water as the pineapple. (Tip: pour the water in the pineapple tin to the brim and add the water to the pot of pineapples.
- Boil the Pineapple and water mixture. Add Custard powder.
- Pour hot pineapple over the baked crust.
- The mouth watering pineapple pie is ready to be served.
- You can decorate the top of the pie with banana slices and/or cherries.
This Pineapple Pie can also be called Pineapple Custard Pie, Pineapple Custard Tart, Pineapple Custard Flan.
The Pineapple pie recipe is supplied to me by my aunty Janaki Narayan.