- 1 pkt milk powder (500 grams)
- elachi powder 1tsp
- Jaifar powder 1/2 tsp
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Liquid milk 1/2 cup
- 3 cups sugar
- water 1/1/2 cup
- In a bowl pour powdered milk, elachi, jaifar and ghee and mix well with hands.
- Sprinkle liquid milk little by little and mix with a soft hand. Repeat this process. No lumpss should be formed. If lumps form, you will need to sieve it.
- Mix water and sugar ina a pot and boil till syrup is sticky.
- Pour the syrup in the powdered milk mixture and mix well and spread this on a tray.
- Make the square marks to cut it into pieces when it is still soft because it will be hard to cut when it is hard.
You can also sprinkle hundreds and thousands or pieces of cadmon on top of the burfi when it is still soft.
This Recipe was supplied to me by my cousin sister Mrs Lata from Kulukulu Sigatoka.