- Dried split beans (bora) 1 cup
- Salt 1/1/2 tbsp
- Ghee/Butter 1/4 cup
- Water 6 cups
- Onion 1/4 sliced into thin long slices
- Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- 1 eggplant
- 1 Carrot
- Sajan Bhaji (Optional)
- Wash the split peas and drain out all the water.
- Peel the eggplant using a vegetable peeler and cut it into very small pieces.
- Peel the carrot using a vegetable peeler and cut it into very small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker or a pot, add sliced onion, jeera and sarso. After a few seconds, add garlic and curry leaves. Fry this till garlic is golden brown.
- Add split beans, salt and tumeric fry this for 2 to 4 minutes and pour water in it.
- Add the carrot and eggplant and boil till the split peas is soft and tender and some of the pods are dissolved in the soup.
- Fiji Indian style Dhal soup made of Bora dhal Recipe is ready.
- Serve with food, it will be super with rice and chutney.
Water will evaporate while boiling. It might get to about 5 cups after boiling. You can add more water depending on the likeness of your choice of thickness of dhal.