- Soy sauce
- Foil to wrap
- Honey (optional)
- Defrost the chicken.
- Wash the whole chicken.
- Marinate the chicken in sauce, ginger, garlic, onion,honey for about 1 to 2 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, dig a pit and put some hard large stones in the pit.
- Put some wood in the pit also and light a fire to heat the stones.
- Wrap the marinated chicken in foils.
- When the stones are hot enough, take out all the pieces of wood and put the foil wrapped chicken
on the hot stones
- Cover this up nicely so that heat doesn’t escape.
- Cook this for about 1/1/2 hour to 2 hours depending on the hotness of the stones.
- When its cooked, take the chicken out of the pit and serve with dalo, cassava or kumala and tomato sauce.
This is a very special Fijian dish.