This dish of Egg Curry in Tomatoes is cooked by first boiling the eggs, taking off its shell and frying the whole eggs. Tomatoes are cut and cooked, when the Tomatoes are half cooked, the boiled and fried eggs are added to the Tomatoes and the Eggs and Tomatoes are cooked together to make Egg and Tomato Curry.
Ingredients for making Eggs and Tomato Curry:
- 4 eggs
- 1 big onion
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Ginger 1/4 tsp
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Curry leaves
- Sarso 1/4 tsp
- Jeera 1/4 tsp
- Methi 1/5
- Tomatoes 1 tin
Method for making Eggs and Tomato Curry:
- Boil the Eggs (full cook).
- Chop the onion into thin long slices.
- Peel the garlic and Ground the garlic.
- Peel,wash and ground the Ginger
- Take the tomatoes out of the can and cut the chunks in smaller pieces.
- Take off the shell from the egg when it is cold enough to do so.
- Heat oil and fry the boiled eggs till light brown.
- Take out the fried eggs from the oil
and add few pieces of slices onion in the oil.
- Add Sarso jeera, methi and garlic to the frying onion.
- Fry it till light brown and add the tomatoes.
- Cook this for 3-5 minutes and add the Eggs.
- Serve Eggs and Tomato Curry with roti or rice and other food.
You can either use a tin/can of Tomatoes or you can use fresh tomatoes. Approximately 4 to 6 fresh tomatoes can be added if fresh Tomatoes are used to make Egg and Tomato Curry.