- Split peas 1 cup
- Salt 1/1/2 tbsp
- Ghee/Butter 1/4 cup
- Water 8 cups
- Onion 1/4 sliced into thin long slices
- Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- 1 eggplant
- 1 Carrot
- Sajan Bhaji. Either of it will be super, if you dont have, than dont worry.
- Wash the split peas and add water, salt, tumeric and any of the optionals and boil till the split peas is soft and tender and some of the pods are dissolved in the soup.
- Heat ghee and add sliced onion, jeera and sarso. After a few seconds, add garlic and curry leaves. Fry this till garlic is golden brown
- Pour the boiled soup and bring to boiling.
- Serve with food, it will be super with rice and chutney.
Water will evaporate while boiling. It might get to about 5 cups after boiling. You can add more water depending on the likeness of your choice of thickness of dhal.