- Split peas (dhal) 500g
- Salt to taste
- Chillies (optional)
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Jeera 2tbsp
- Oil to fry
- Dahi/ Yoghurt
- Soak split peas in water till tender.
- Pour jeera in a frypan and heat in low flame till crispy. Grind jeera and make powder.
- Take the peas out of water and blend it in a paste form.
- Put this split peas paste in a bowl and add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Take portions of this mixture and make in round and flat shape (tikka shape)
- Deep fry this until golden brown.
- Pour Yoghurt in a dish a Add vada to yoghurt.
- Serve after a few hours when vada is soaked with yoghurt.