- Coconut 2 cups
- Sugar 1 cup
- Vanilla (2 drops)
- Grate the coconuts. Only white flesh should be scrapped, not the brown part.
- Put the scrapped coconut in a frypan and add sugar and cook in low heat till light brown and sticky.
- Add vanilla and cook for few more minutes.
- Pour this mixture in a tray and make it flat.
- When it is hard, cut it into cubes and put in a airtight container and store in fridge.
- Serve cold as snacks.
- If this mixture does not get hard when poured on tray, make it into balls this will be called coconut ladoo/laddoo/laadoo/laado.
- This is also called Nareal Mithai, Narial Ki Mithai /Methai