- Dalo 4 kg
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2tbsp
- Peel Dalo and wash it clean.
- Cut it into cubes of approximately 2 inches.
- Put it in a large pot and pour water. All dalo should be under water.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Put it over the water and cook till tender.
- Salt and sugar prevents the dalo to be itchy on the tongue.
- You can know that the dalo is cooked by taking out a piece and breaking off a chunk from that piece with a fork. If it breaks off easily then its boiled and if its not tender, then its not fully cooked.
- If the dalo is not boiled fully, than you can have itchy tongue and neck after you eat it.