- Pumkin/pumpkin (very ripe) 2 to 4 cups
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Ghee/Butter 1/4 cup
- Sugar as desired
- Milk 4 to 6 cups
- Raisins 1 to 5 tsp
- Elachi 1/2 tsp grounded
- Almonds 5 to 10 chopped.
- Cut 1 fresh ripe pumpkin. Take out the seeds and skin. Cut it into thin slices (Approximately 1 inch long and 1/2 cm wide).
- Wash the chopped pumpkin.
- Heat ghee and fry jeera till golden brown.
- Add pumpkin and cook till pumpkin is soft and tender.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Cook the Pumpkin Payasam till milk starts boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve Pumpkin Payasam warm as dessert.
The Pudding can also be called as Pumpkin Payasam