- Tomatoes 1 kg
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Chillies Chopped
- Garlic Paste 8 cloves
- Sarso 1/4 tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Wash tomatoes and cut it into halves. Take out all the seeds and take out the juice inside.
- Chop these tomatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sarso, jeera and garlic. Stirr well till light brown.
- Add tomatoes and stirr well.
- Add sugar and Salt.
- Cook in medium flame till there are no lumps.
- Serve with food or use it as a dip.
- Its best to use Red ripe tomatoes
- As the recipe does not have onions, it helps the food to be preserved a little longer.
- I usually add lots of chillies in chutney while little or no chilly in other food which I have with the chutney.
Compiled By: Miss Reshmi Lata